The Human Resource Council has been established on the order of the President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The Council is endowed with drawing up and implementing national plans concentrating on all dimensions of human capital. The successful implementation of these plans would lead to national prosperity, economic development, creation of employments, ultimate use of natural resources, environmental protection, food immunity, reinstating stability, reinforcement of national security, and improved living standards of the compatriots.
Objectives of Human Resource Council:
- To provide suggestions and consultations on ways of changing government missions as well as vision of the President on strategic priorities for human capital
- To properly use budget in projects
- To assess strategies, plans and activities of member ministries regarding human capital and provide recommendations and suggestions
- To share information regarding progress of specific projects and the activities pertinent to them with other ministries in order to enhance coordination
- To provide and manage projects related to human capital and report to the cabinet for discussion and decision-making
- To provide plans and consultations on human capital and the ways of service delivery, to work and support these programs and bolster relations among these institutions
- To draw up and implement plans addressing needs of human capital which can lead to economic dynamism
The President chairs the Council meeting. The Chief Executive is empowered to chair the meeting in the absence of the President and in case the Chief Executive is absent, senior advisor to the President is entrusted with chairing the meeting.