The Infrastructure Council is endowed with preparing and implementing those national projects which encompass all dimensions of the infrastructure. The successful implementation of these projects will culminate in national peace, development, economic improvement, creation of employments, proper exploitation of natural resources, environmental protection, food immunity, improvement of stability, strengthening of national security and improvement of living standards of the citizenry.
Objectives of the Infrastructure Council:
- Taking into account the government missions and vision of the President, the ministries and other entities are responsible for providing suitable, common and wide guidelines, providing recommendations for creating systematic frameworks to conveniently carry out the tasks and following suggestions on drawing up and implementing policies and strategies.
- To provide suggestions and consultations on ways of changing government missions as well as vision of the President on strategic priorities for infrastructure
- To properly use budget in projects
- To assess strategies, plans and activities of member ministries regarding infrastructure and provide recommendations and suggestions
- To share information regarding progress of specific projects and the activities pertinent to them with other ministries and institutions in order to enhance coordination
- To provide and manage projects related to infrastructure and report to the cabinet for discussion and decision-making
- To provide plans and consultations on infrastructure and the ways of service delivery, to work for and support these programs and bolster relations among these institutions
- To maintain and protect infrastructure projects and monitor implementation of activities and to draw up policies aimed at protecting national properties
Composition of the Infrastructure Council:
Ministry of Urban Development and Housing
Ministry of Energy and Water
Ministry of Public Works
Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum
Ministry of Economy
Other institutions can become members as the circumstances may require.